Esculin; Aesculin; Esculoside; Bicolorin; Escosyl
Application Of Esculin
Bioflavonoids, antioxidant, promote the content of vitamin C.
Action Of Esculin
1. Anti inflammation and analgesia: rats were injected intraperitoneally with 10mg / kg. Carrageenan induced, dextrose induced, serotonin induced and histamine induced "arthritis" had inhibitory effects, and the inhibitory intensities were 35,28,20,8% respectively It is also reported that it has inhibitory effect on formaldehyde induced arthritis, but the effect is weaker than that of carrageenan induced arthritis; The inhibition of dextran arthritis is not obvious It can inhibit the formation of granuloma in rats (cotton ball method), erythema reaction caused by ultraviolet radiation on the back of guinea pigs, and the increase of capillary permeability caused by histamine It has weak analgesic effect.
2. Effect on urine volume and uric acid excretion: various administration routes can enhance uric acid excretion in rats and rabbits, and have no diuretic effect on normal rats, but have significant diuretic effect on mice.
3.Others: antibacterial, anticoagulant and inhibiting aldose reductase in rat lens.
Name Of Esculin
English Name :esculin
Chinese Name:Heptachlor hemihydrate | heptachlor hemihydrate | 6-（ β- D-glucopyranoxy) - 7-hydroxy-2h-1-benzofuran-2-one | aescin | horse chestnut bark glycoside | chestnut bark glycoside Seven leaf spirit Aescin | Qiyeling | chestnut bark glycoside | aescin | 6 - (beta-d-glucopyranoxy) - 7-hydroxy-2h-1-benzofuran-2-one
Bioactivity of Esculin
Description: esculin is a fluorescent coumarin glucoside, which is an effective component of gray bark. Esculin improves cognitive impairment in experimental diabetic nephropathy (DN) through MAPK signaling pathway, and exerts antioxidant stress and anti-inflammatory effects.
Related Categories: research field > > cancer
Target: p38 MAPK
. Knox K, et al. The Coumarin Glucoside, Esculin, Reveals Rapid Changes in Phloem-Transport Velocity in Response to Environmental Cues. Plant Physiol. 2018 Oct; 178(2):795-807.
. Song Y, et al. Esculin ameliorates cognitive impairment in experimental diabetic nephropathy and induces anti-oxidative stress and anti-inflammatory effects via the MAPK pathway. Mol Med Rep. 2018 May; 17(5):7395-7402.
Physicochemical Properties of Esculin
Density: 1.7 ± 0.1 g / cm3
Boiling Point: 697.7 ± 55.0 ° C at 760 mmHg
Melting Point: 203 ° C
Molecular Formula: c15h16o9
Molecular Weight: 358.297
Flash Point: 262.8 ± 25.0 ° C
Exact mass: 358.089996
Appearance: cream powder
Steam Pressure: 0.0 ± 2.3 mmHg at 25 ° C
Refractive Index: 1.689
1 Store in a cool, dry and well ventilated warehouse. Keep away from kindling and heat sources. Protect from direct sunlight. Package sealing. It shall be stored separately from acids and edible chemicals, and mixed storage shall not be allowed. The storage area shall be equipped with appropriate materials to contain leakage.
2. Argon filled sealed storage
Stability: use and store according to the specifications without decomposition and avoid contact with oxides
Water Solubility: model soluble
1. Molar refractive index: 77.35
2. Molar volume (cm3 / mol): 202.6
3. Isotonic specific volume (90.2k): 628.5
4. Surface tension (dyne / cm): 92.6
5. Polarizability (10-24cm3): 30.66
Esculin Safety Information
Hazard code (Europe): F, C, Xi
Risk Statement (Europe): R11
Safety Statement (Europe): s26-s36 / 37 / 39-s45-s24 / 25
Transport Code of dangerous goods: UN 2924 3 / PG 2
Wgk Germany: 3
RTECS No.: dj3085000
Customs Code: 2942000000
English Alias of Esculin
7-Hydroxycoumarin-6-yl β-D-Glucopyranoside Sesquihydrate
7-Hydroxy-2-oxo-2H-chromen-6-yl β-D-glucopyranoside hydrate (1:1)
2H-1-Benzopyran-2-one, 6-(β-D-glucopyranosyloxy)-7-hydroxy-, hydrate (1:1)