Traditional Chinese medicine is a characteristic of my country's medical science and an important part of the outstanding culture of the Chinese nation. It has made indelible contributions to the prosperity of the Chinese nation for thousands of years and has had a positive impact on the progress of civilization in the world. In the new stage of socialist modernization, it is necessary to further develop the unique characteristics of traditional Chinese medicine to better serve the people's health.
Features and advantages of traditional Chinese medicine
The reason why traditional medicine in our country has survived thousands of years, has played an irreplaceable role in medical care, and has a leading position in the field of traditional medicine in the world, is determined by the scientific nature and advantages of its own theory. With the changes in the spectrum of diseases, the arrival of an aging society and the change of health concepts, the advantages of Chinese medicine have become more and more apparent, and its scientific and advanced nature have been increasingly valued by the academic and industrial circles. It is extremely important to further understand these characteristics and advantages, and to play them in practice.
1. The understanding of life activities in Chinese medicine provides an effective way for humans to understand and grasp the complex system of the human body. The overall concept of traditional Chinese medicine believes that the life activity of the human body is a dynamic and relatively balanced process maintained by the interaction of various factors under the action of the body's internal and external environments. And health is the state of maintaining a relative balance between yin and yang in the human body, that is, "yin and yang secret". Disorders of balance can lead to organic and functional disease states. Traditional Chinese medicine does not treat the "disease" of human beings mechanically in isolation, but regards the "patient" as a whole, and regards the "disease" as an unbalanced state of the human body for a certain period of time under the influence of certain internal and external factors. In treatment, it is necessary to cope with the evil spirits, but also to strengthen the righteousness, emphasize the role of the body's righteousness, and achieve the purpose of curing diseases by adjusting the body's functional state. This concept of health has been generally accepted by people.
2. The cognitive methods and individualized diagnosis and treatment systems for the study of the laws of human life activities in Chinese medicine reflect the characteristics of holistic medicine. Traditional Chinese medicine believes that man and nature are in the relationship of "the unity of nature and man", and the human body itself is a unified whole of form and spirit: the functional state of the human body is the comprehensive response of the body to the internal and external environmental effects, and the functional state of the human body can be effectively grasped The law of changes in human life activities. Therefore, traditional Chinese medicine is summarized into syndromes by "seeing, hearing, asking, and cutting", as the basis for clinical diagnosis and treatment, and constitutes an individualized diagnosis and treatment system of traditional Chinese medicine according to people, circumstances, and places. This is a major feature and advantage of Chinese medicine, which is in line with the development trend of modern clinical medicine.
3. The rich treatment methods and flexible methods of Chinese medicine conform to the characteristics of the diversity of human physiology and pathology. Traditional Chinese medicine mainly uses drugs and non-drug therapies for the treatment of diseases, and uses internal and external treatment methods for overall comprehensive regulation and treatment. Traditional Chinese medicine prescriptions are one of the most commonly used drug therapies in Chinese medicine. The multiple effective components of prescriptions target the multiple factors of the human body. Through the integration and regulation of multiple links, multiple levels, and multiple targets, they are adapted to the diversity of the human body and the complexity of lesions. specialty. Non-drug therapy is mainly based on acupuncture and massage. Acupuncture therapy is a great invention and pioneering work in ancient my country. Through stimulation of acupuncture points on the human body surface, the overall regulation is achieved. The curative effect is remarkable and the scope of application is wide. At present, acupuncture has been used in more than 100 countries in the world. The theory of health care and colorful and effective methods based on "the unity of nature and man, the unity of form and spirit, and the combination of movement and static" of Chinese medicine have shown good prospects in improving people's health and quality of life.
4. The vast classic medical books of Chinese medicine are a huge treasure house of human biological information. There are more than 8,000 classical medical books of traditional Chinese medicine, which record the theory and practical experience of traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years. This is a unique treasure house of human biological information that has not yet been fully exploited.
5. Traditional Chinese medicine fully embodies the organic combination of natural science and social science, and demonstrates the new trend of modern science integration. The theoretical system and clinical thinking mode of traditional Chinese medicine have a rich Chinese cultural heritage, which reflects the high integration and unity of natural sciences, social sciences, and humanities. The method of Chinese medicine that takes the functional state as the entry point and uses philosophy, social sciences, and humanities to analyze and grasp the law of change is a leap in human history and provides a unique way for humans to understand themselves. The thinking mode is in line with the new trend of modern science integration.
Chinese medicine plays an important role in safeguarding people’s health
Traditional Chinese medicine is an important part of the health industry. It complements modern medicine with its good clinical effects and ability to prevent and cure diseases, and jointly serve the people's health.
1. Medical treatment shall be incorporated into the urban medical security system. For a long time, 70% of urban residents are willing to receive traditional Chinese medicine or integrated traditional Chinese and Western medicine treatment. Basically, all provinces and municipalities in the country have established TCM medical institutions with relatively complete facilities. In the reform of the medical and health system, traditional Chinese medicine medical services have been included in the basic medical insurance. In community health services, traditional Chinese medicine services have become a service method suitable for China's national conditions and with service characteristics.
2. Traditional Chinese medicine plays an important role in rural health work. Traditional Chinese medicine has the outstanding advantages of wide indications, low medical cost, easy promotion and application, and has a deep mass base in rural areas. At present, it is widely used in the three-level health care service network formed by county-level hospitals, township health centers, and village clinics. The promotion of appropriate Chinese medicine technology has achieved remarkable results, and it is in order to realize the primary health service of "health care for all". Goals played an important role. In rural areas, Chinese medicine accounts for nearly one-third of outpatient services and nearly one-quarter of inpatient services. Among the 1.13 million rural doctors, more than 50% use both Chinese and Western medicine methods and drugs to prevent and treat diseases. The medicines of Tibetan, Mongolian, Uyghur, Dai and other ethnic groups also play their respective roles in providing services for rural residents.
3. Traditional Chinese medicine exerts its advantages in certain therapeutic areas. Traditional Chinese medicine has certain advantages and characteristics in the treatment of some chronic non-communicable diseases, major refractory diseases, and some common and frequently-occurring diseases in the disciplines of orthopedics, anorectal, dermatology, gynecology, etc., and is well received by the masses. . Traditional Chinese medicine, including acupuncture, massage, integrated Chinese and Western medicine and other characteristic therapies, has also received increasing attention and acceptance from people all over the world.
4. Give full play to the role of Chinese medicine in prevention and health care. Traditional Chinese medicine has systematic theories and multiple effective methods in health preservation and longevity. Among them, according to the theory of "medicine and food homology", foods with various functions such as anti-aging, regulating immunity, and anti-fatigue can be developed. Contains broad market prospects.
5. The traditional Chinese medicine industry will become a new economic growth point. There are 12,807 kinds of medicinal resources in my country, and there are more than 100,000 prescriptions recorded in the literature, which are huge resources for the screening and development of new drugs. Compared with the research and development methods that require one-by-one screening of drugs, these prescriptions and drugs that have been applied through long-term clinical practice have the characteristics of less development investment, less risk, and shorter cycle. They will become a hot spot in global research and development. At present, there are more than 5,000 kinds of proprietary Chinese medicines produced in China, occupying an important position in my country's pharmaceutical products.
Traditional Chinese medicine resources are the material basis for my country's unique development and utilization advantages and the development of strategic industries. Chinese medicinal materials are not only the resources of Chinese medicine for treating diseases, but also important raw materials for chemicals, international botanicals, and the food industry. Through the rational development and utilization of Chinese medicine resources, it can play a positive role in the adjustment of agricultural structure and promote the development of agricultural science and technology. At the same time, it can promote the development of the transportation, storage, catering and other related industries in the medicinal material processing industry.
Post time: Feb-17-2022